Over the past 10 years, the funds raised have gone directly toward brain tumor reseach. Below are some of the areas of progress directly attributed to the funds we've donated to Dana-Farber.
- Evaluating novel targeted molecular drugs for glioblastomas in the laboratory
- Study the effects of novel anantiangiogenic drugs such as avastin, VEGF-trap and various drugs targeting the VEGFR receptor in patients
- Understanding the molecular changes in glioblastomas and their stem cells and trying to find new ways to clock these targets.
Dr. Patrick Wen has also recently submitted papers that have been accepted for publication that acknowledges your donations:
- Novel anti-angiogenic therapies for malignant gliomas to be published in Lancet Neurology
- Role of a Second Chemotherapy in Recurrent Malignant Glioma Patients Who Progress on Bevacizumab to be published in Neuro-Oncology.